When your instinct is to do it on your own, why would you need a Mentor? Consider these benefits:
- Experience to tap into – They have made the mistakes so you don’t need to
- A source of information and knowledge
- They see where you need to improve when you may not
- They will offer encouragement and motivation – It can be very lonely being a Finance Broker
- They are a great sounding board
THE TOP 7 QUALITIES OF A GOOD MENTOR:
- Willingness to share skills, knowledge, and expertise.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and acts as a positive role model.
- Takes a personal interest in the mentoring relationship.
- Values ongoing learning and growth in the field.
- Provides guidance and constructive feedback.
- Respected by colleagues and employees in all levels of the field.
- Sets and meets ongoing personal and professional goals.